Android App White Labelling
- Like iOS, we have build flavors to generate our Official, Experimental, and F-Droid app versions.
To build the Experimental app using
officialfolders contain app icons and splash screens.
fossfolders contain the necessary code to run the app with or without Google Play services.
fossbuild doesn't contain push notifications implemented.
mainfolder contains core implementations.
debugfolder contains code to run the app in debug mode.
- Splash screen uses the same asset as the
ic_launcher,and you can change the background on
- Change the app name and share the extension name on
To generate the Keystore for verifying your app on Google Play,
- Run the following commands:
keytool -genkeypair -v -keystore my-upload-key.keystore -alias my-key-alias -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
- The command prompts you for some credentials.
./android/gradle.propertieswith the passwords you were prompted for.
- Navigate to Settings > Project settings.
- On the General tab, click on Add app under Your apps.
- Enter your bundle ID as the Android package name and click Register app.
- Download the config file and move it as instructed.
- To run the app, execute these commands:
yarn android-whitelabel <YOURAPPID>
For example, the app created on this document would use
yarn android-whitelabel chat.rocket.whitelabel