Comment on page
Configuring Push Notifications
You can manually configure push notifications to your customized App build without using Rocket.Chat Saas to manage your workspace. It allows your workspace users using mobile devices to receive push notifications on their devices. This guide shows how to achieve that.
- Navigate to Administration > Workspace > Settings > Push on your workspace.
- Disable Gateway and click Save changes.
- Disable Production if you’re trying in debug mode.
- Navigate to the Cloud Messaging tab on the Firebase project.
- Copy the Server Key token from Firebase to the GCM API Key field in your workspace Push > Certificates and Keys settings.
- Copy the Sender ID from Firebase to GCM Project Number in your workspace Push > Certificates and Keys settings.
- Ensure you have done "Creating Push Notifications certificates”.
- In your terminal, go to the folder which contains your push files (CSR, .cer, .p12).
To generate PEM files for a development environment,
- Run the following commands:
openssl x509 -in aps_development.cer -inform der -out DevPushCert.pem
openssl pkcs12 -nocerts -out DevPushKey.pem -in yourP12File.p12
- You must set a password for your PEM file.
To generate PEM files for a production environment,
- Run the following commands::
openssl x509 -in aps.cer -inform der -out PushCert.pem
openssl pkcs12 -nocerts -out PushKey.pem -in yourP12File.p12
- You must set a password for your PEM file
- Copy the contents of your development PEM files and password into APN Dev Key, APN Dev Cert, and APN Dev Passphrase on your Push > Certificates and Keys workspace settings.
- Copy the contents of your production PEM files and password into APN Key, APN Cert, and APN Passphrase on your Push > Certificates and Keys .
- Get the content of your PEM files using
catby running this command:
- Save and restart your server.
- Log into the server as the same user on your mobile device and close it (it won’t receive push notification if it’s open).
- Navigate to Administration > Workspace > Settings > Push and click on the Send a test push to my user button.
Last modified 3mo ago