Contribute Through Bug Reporting
Welcome to our Error Reporting Guide
We're thrilled to have you here! To ensure a smooth and efficient bug-reporting process, we've put together this guide. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our practices and procedures.
Before you proceed, it's crucial to ascertain whether what you're encountering is indeed a bug. If you're struggling to understand how to perform a task, experiencing problems accessing your server, unable to install the server or want a new widget in Rocket.Chat, these are not considered bugs.
Before you report a new issue, please:
- Ensure you're running the latest version of Rocket.Chat. An update might resolve your issue.
- Try to identify reproducible steps. If we can reproduce it, we can fix it faster.
- Search the Issues for your bug. If you find it, carefully check that it is identical and give it a thumbs up, or add some additional information to the ticket if it differs. This will help give us a fuller picture.
If you've done all of the above and still need to report a bug, please proceed.
Giving clear background information will help save a lot of time. When reporting a new bug, please include the following information to promote effective bug fixing:
- Operating System / Version / Architecture (64-bit?)
- Browser type and version, including any add-ons. (e.g., AdBlocker, NoScript, etc.)
- Rocket.Chat version
- Expected behavior
- Actual behavior
- Steps to reproduce the bug consistently
- Relevant errors and other log output
- Screenshots, if applicable
- Browser Logs: To collect logs from your browser, press Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + j. Errors will appear in red.
- Server Logs: As an Admin, log into your Rocket.Chat. Navigate to Administration -> Workspace -> View Logs It's often helpful to open this in another browser, reproduce the issue, and observe any exceptions that pop up in the logs. Don't forget to check your web server logs and general system logs as well.
We appreciate your effort in helping us improve our software. Thank you for your contribution!
Last modified 3mo ago