Creating Your Own Bot From Scratch
This document outlines the steps required to create your first bot with Rocket.Chat.
In order to talk to your chatbot, there must be a user account pre-configured on the Rocket.Chat server that the bot can use to log in.
To add user accounts you need to have admin privileges:
- On the top bar, click the three dots (Options) and then click Administration
- Select Users from the left sidebar
+(Add User) button in the right sidebar
- In the profile window that appears, fill in the Name, Username, Email, and Password fields
- Enable Verified toggle under the Email field
- Disable Require password change toggle under the Password field
Add Roledropdown menu and click Add Role button to the right
- Disable Join default channels and Send welcome email checkboxes
- Click Save
To make the process of coding a bot easier and faster, you may want to check our existing guides below to deploy a basic bot instance quickly. As an advanced alternative, you can create your bot from the scratch using your favorite framework.