Documentation Contribution Guidelines
Here's everything you need to start contributing to Rocket.Chat documentation.
Thank you for your interest in contributing to Rocket.Chat documentation. Here's a quick guide:
- 3.Local Environment Setup: Set up your local environment using this guide.
- Open the project in VSCode and start making your changes
- 4.Creating a New Pull Request (PR): PRs should follow the following naming convention:
- When adding new documentation, add New Documentation**:** before the title. E.g.
New Documentation: Authentication Guide
- When fixing documentation, add Fix Documentation: before the title. E.g.
Fix Documentation: Authentication Guide
- When updating documentation, add Update Documentation**:** before the title. E.g.
Update Documentation: Authentication Guide
- If your PR closes an issue, indicate so with "Closes #ISSUE_NUMBER".
- 5.Creating Drafts: If you can't complete full documentation for a new feature, create a draft as a single file PR with the necessary information.
- 6.Testing Changes: You can test your changes:
Last modified 3mo ago